Oh.. so Tired!

I have tons of things to do... . But then again, who doesn't? Sigh.

Our little girl decided recently to morph into this huge 3-hourly drinking monster at night and I really do not miss the times where I had to wake up twice or thrice nightly to make milk, change diapers and what not. Wait a minute, I am still waking up in the nights.

When I return from work, it will be close to 7 in the evening and although I tell myself to come back earlier if possible to spend quality time with C, I can't seem to do it. When I do leave work early, it is to hide at Starbucks to catch up on marking, which by the way, is piling sky high.

Yet, there are days where I have to attend courses on "professional development". Grrr... It's not that I don't like to attend them but some times, i really hate them as I feel completely drained out and brain dead by the time I get back. Then I see Cheryl, all bubbly and wanting me to play with her.

Of course, I play with her and ask her how her day's been but all this time, I will be watching the clock and hoping that the hands on the clock will move faster so that it will be bedtime for C. I really feel guilty some times for rushing her but I am really beat and the thought of waking up 3 hours later to make milk really makes me feel tired.
May be it's just me... If I had been more efficient in training C; she would be sleeping through the nights now, she would be toilet trained now, she would be eating more solid food and not drinking so much milk, she would be reading now... . Argh!! All these just makes me feel like a rotten mum.
Bottom line is, I really take my hat off to Mummies who have 2 children or more; I am amazed at how they can cope with the less sleep, children-falling-ill days, double or triple folds of everything and all this while, juggling the demands of work. Kudos to you, Mummies!


2 comments:

Joanie said...

Hey! I am sure you have done a good job as mommy. Not easy working and taking care of a kid. Hmm...I also wonder how much I really teach K coz after hm each day is juz to put her to sleep. Quite unusual she's still taking so much milk now. Maybe need to entice her with some solids to fill her up b4 bed, like bread, cheese or biscuits (erm I know not very nutritious) and a full bottle of milk. But each kid is really different. You are doing well and go on...we learn each day ya..

Anonymous said...

hi,well being a mum and a teacher drains you physically and mentally.But i know you're doing great both as a teacher and a mum.I do look up to you and i believe you'll be able to come out of all these stronger than what you are now..with each day,comes a new experience and i hope it'll make you realise the strength you have in you..may you find joy in every little things you do and in every experience you gain..

Popular Posts

Labels

1 yr old (7) 10 yr old (30) 11 yr old (18) 12 yr old (8) 13 yr old (7) 14 years old (1) 14 yr old (1) 15 yr old (1) 16 yr old (3) 17 yr old (1) 2 yr old (6) 2020 (1) 3 yr old (65) 4 yr old (77) 5 yr old (35) 6 yr old (1) 8 yr old (43) 9 yr old (40) advertorial (6) anniversary (12) art (87) Aunt Di (21) Aunt Jules (3) Aws (48) baking (7) ballet (27) Barney (1) bath (4) beach (6) bed (7) bento (21) Big Eater (3) birthday (1) birthdays (112) blog (14) blog worth (2) books (12) bored (3) buffet (1) calender (2) Camp (3) Camptodactyly (2) car (10) carnival (5) Chinese New Year (49) Choir (8) Christmas (26) Church (18) Circuit Breaker (1) colouring (13) computer (2) Covid-19 (2) crabs (5) craft (98) culinary (19) cycling (8) daddy time (36) dance (14) day care (1) delivery (3) dental (12) development (23) diet (10) Disney (10) Dora (4) Dorscon Orange (1) durians (4) ECP (10) English (90) enrichment programme (20) excursions (9) experiments (3) farm (6) fireworks (1) Flyer (1) frustrations (40) gardens (11) golf (23) Grand Daddy (9) Grand Mummy (12) hair (12) health (63) hobby (1) Hong Kong (6) hotpot (1) house warming (1) hubby (5) husband (16) ice cream (2) ice skating (1) ID (5) Internet (27) Japanese (7) Josiah (184) junior college (1) kite (1) Korea (6) label (4) Legoland Malaysia (1) library (2) lost and found (2) Makassar (1) Mand (1) Mandarin (33) marina barrage (2) marriage (4) massage (1) Math (51) Mauritius (4) milk (12) mooncakes (6) movies (10) Mr.Lee Kuan Yew (1) mummy (5) museum (12) music (76) Mya (3) online shopping (3) pandemic (1) park (16) Pasir Ris (5) patience (2) performance (27) pet (9) photography (1) pian (1) piano (12) pizza (3) porridge (3) potty (7) prayer (2) pregnancy (1) preschool (162) Primary 1 (49) Primary 2 (9) primary 3 (7) Printable (27) puzzles (6) race (2) recommendations (8) refurbish (1) restaurant (12) roadtrip (9) sale (4) sand castle (3) sanrio (14) saving Gaia (13) school (62) Science (20) Science Centre (2) scrapbooking (3) Seimpi (46) Sentosa (1) SG50 (1) shoes (6) Siaws (20) Singapore (2) sleeping (5) songs (12) Stream (5) strem (1) supper (3) sushi (8) Swensons (2) swimming (33) Tans (1) Tohs (3) trial classes (7) tribute (1) tricycle (2) tummy (1) Universal Studios (2) vacations (112) vaccination (5) Valentine's (3) vanity (37) Wans (4) Waraku (1) wedding (12) weight (2) Wengs (1) wish list (20) World Vision (2) Wuu (3) zoo (5)

Pinterest Gallery

featured Slider

Thanks for dropping by